About Me

This site will tell you a little about me and about the piano lessons that I teach to children.

My name is Ann and I have been giving piano lessons to children in various parts of the country for the last 10 years.
I have an enhanced CRB check and have been a warranted girl guider for many years. Also I have years of experience working with children with special needs and teaching literacy in a secondary school in London.
I love showing children just how rewarding and how much fun music can be - whether listening or playing I have always found it one of the joys of life.
I mainly work with beginners and I emphasize the happiness and calmness that music can bring into their life.
I focus on working with children to increase their hand-eye coordination and their concentration, alleviating boredom whilst having fun.
If you would like to get in touch about the possibility of lessons for your child, please email me at:

georgebuttons@aol.com

or alternatively give me a ring on 07866 614468

6.8.09

About the piano lessons







For general piano lessons I prefer to use the
Fanny Waterman books - they have been around for years, have had a fairly recent revamp and are excellent for beginners.
The books are not pricey - £4.49 on Amazon, which is where I buy my copies from - and one book lasts your child for a number of months.
The price of lessons varies but comes within a range of £20 - £25 per hour.
(Usually though younger children would have no more than a half hour lesson at a time).











No comments:

Post a Comment